Friday, November 6, 2009

A little break for my little bambino


I have to bust my husband's chops for a sec... he was a premie (6 weeks early) so give him a break, but what a funny looking newborn!  What does this mean for our baby??  It's like everything on his body is premature except his fingers.  Those things are longer than a 6 month old's!

It looks like this will be my last post for about a week or two- my due date is November 14 but I've been feeling like it's going to come sooner. The baby moves around like a circus freak in there! If I'm not tied up to a hospital bed next week, I'll be posting, but I just wanted to give a heads up :)

Matt and I decided to be surprised about the sex of the baby, which has been driving us and everyone else nuts. We really have no idea what it is, but I think I'm going to be really happy that we held out. I can't imagine a bigger surprise in my life. It's truly one of the only real surprises you can experience, so I figured I better do it at least for the first one.

I'm an only child, so I've always wanted a huge family. Growing up as an only child can be very boring, but it also made me very creative. I remember playing in the basement by myself picking up fake phones making fake hotel reservations and cooking fake food for my fake children. See, it's very sad! I'm thinking I want about 6 kids- just total chaos. A bunch of little animals running around jumping on top of each other and I can't remember their names, etc. It sounds so fun to me.

I just started packing my hospital bag, we still haven't installed the car seat and I'm completely trying to avoid thinking about the horror of labor and delivery. I'm just going to keep my eyes on the prize- once it's all over and I'm holding the little guy or gal. It's so crazy to think that in the next 7 days, I will have a little baby in my arms. I can't believe that it looks like a full, real baby inside of my stomach right now. I've always thought of it as this little alien. I can't wait to post pix- but I've heard that newborns are very funky looking (as demonstrated in the pic above)!

Ok, I know this was completely off topic from weddings, but hey, weddings often lead to babies so I hope this will give you something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment